By Ohio.com staff
COPLEY: The Copley Historical Society is hosting an open house event at their train depot on Sept. 14 from 1-4 p.m.
The depot was built in 1891 by the Pitttsburgh, Akron and Western RR, located just north of the Circle, on Cleveland-Massillon Rd. After passenger service was discontinued, it sat unused from 1954 to 1974. When in danger of being destroyed, a group of fervent Copley residents gathered to save it...and the Copley Historical Society was formed. Monies were raised to move THE DEPOT to it's present location.
The Historical Society’s next meeting is scheduled for Sept. 16 at 7 p.m., while the depot will be open for the last time this season on Oct. 12 from 1-4 p.m.