Charter One said it will expand banking hours at 13 supermarket branches across the state, including eight in the Akron area at Acme Fresh Markets and Giant Eagle.
Charter One said the move makes service hours standard for its 25 supermarket branches in Ohio.
Full-service, seven-day supermarket branches are now open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The move adds 65 more banking hours every week in Ohio, or more than 3,300 additional hours every year.
“Our customers tell us how much they value the extended hours, personal service and seven-day convenience of our supermarket branches,” said Ken Marblestone, president of Charter One and RBS Citizens in Ohio.
Locations in the Akron area include seven Acme and one Giant Eagle branch:
• Coventry Acme, 3235 Manchester Road, Coventry Township;
• Ellet Acme, 2420 Wedgewood Drive, Akron;
• Montrose Acme, 3979 Medina Road, Bath Township;
• East Avenue Acme, 2147 East Ave., Akron;
• Hudson Acme, 116 W. Streetsboro Road, Hudson;
• Norton Acme, 3200 Greenwich Road, Norton;
• Kent Road Acme, 4445 Kent Road, Stow;
• Streetsboro Giant Eagle, 1280 State Route 303, Streetsboro.